ABOUT THE BOOK:
This work is perhaps unique and exemplified in the foeld of comparative knowledge based on the subject of 'Dhimmah'. There is a hadith that talks about those who will come in Judgement Day with many actions in their account of Salah, Zakat and Siyam but has stolen from this, killed that, robbed this, eating from that, strikes this and dishonoured that, and his rewards will be divided among those whom he wronged. This Hadith (paraphrased) is the principle foundation of guarding or clearning one from the liability of others. As such Shaykh Nuh has dedicated his entire Phd on this topic, deeply analysing and bringing out the various positions of Islamic scholarship of the past. He delves in to the four Madhahibs and dissects the various sub-chapters that connect with this matter.
Matters such as Wali (females Wali) that has been of variant views by the Imams of the Madhahib. He also breaks down various methods and understanding of 'Rights' and 'Liability' and what this exactly entails in the Islamic Jurisprudence.
ABOUT THE SHAYKH AL-QUDHAH:
Dr, Shaykh Nuh was born in 1939 in 'Ain Janna area in Jordan. His father was Shaykh 'Ali al-faqih Qudha, who was known for his Shafi'i fiqh astuteness. He studied his primary education in Jordan, then traveled to Damascus in 1954. Learning in Ma'ahad Ulum Syriah for 7 years.
He taught the following in:
- 1961 till 1965; Sharia, Damascus University Among his friends at the time was al-Shaykh Muhammad 'Awwamah, who now resides in Madinah, Saudi.
- 1972; He was appointed Mufti of Jordan's Army.
- 1977; In Cairo, Egypt continued hi Masters at al-Azhar University in Comparative Fiqh.
- 1980; He managed to obtain his master's degree from the University of al-Azhar under the supervision of Shaykh Muhammad al-Anbabi.
- 1986; He obtained his doctorate PhD from the Islamic University Muhammad bin Sa'ud, Riyadh with the following title 'Ibra'u al-Dhimmah min Huquq al-'Ibad' (Clearing Liability from the Rights of Others) under the supervision of Shaykh Saleh al-Ali an-Nasir and Shaykh Dr. Saleh al-Atram.
During his duty as a mufti, he had issued many edicts on many a issues.
- 1992; He was appointed as Qadi al-Qudhat after assuming his high rank in the Armed Forces of Jordan. A year after joining, heb quited and then busied himself in teaching at the mosque and as a part time lecturer at the University of Yarmuk, Irbid and Jerash University.
1996-2001; He became the ambassador of Jordan to Iran.
2004-2007; He worked in UAE as well as being an adviser of the Minister of Justice and Islamic Affairs and endowment.
- 2007; He was also appointed as general Mufti of Jordan until his retirement in February 2010.
Among his works are:
- Qadha Worship (Master)
- Ibra'u al-Dhimmah min Huquq al-'Ibad (Phd)
- Muhadharah Fil Thaqafatil Islamiyya,
- al-Riyad al-Mufid fi Sharh Jawharah-at-Tawhid,
- Sharh Fi Minhaj al-Fiqh al-Shafi'i (Worship)
-Kayfa Tukhatib al-Naas (How Do You Communicate with others),
- Lam Taghib Sa'd Shams,
- Sifat Al-Mujahideen (Syllabus For Jordan Armed Forces),
- Mawlid Al-Hadi, Seera on the Prophet SAW