AL-MUFASSAL FI AHKAM AL-MAR'AT WA BAYTIL MUSLIM FIL SHARI'AT AL-ISLAMIYAH
(المفصل في أحكام المرأة وبيت المسلم في الشريعة الإسلامية)
AUTHOR: Shaykh Dr 'Abd al-Karim Zaydan |
| تأليف: الشيخ الدكتور عبد الكريم زيدان |
HARDCOVER: ~5700 PAGES | 11 VOLUMES |
| نوع التجليد: مجلد | ~٥٧٠٠ صفحة | ١١ مجلداد |
PUBLISHED: Mu'assassat al-Risalah | Beirut, Lebanon |
| الناشر: مؤسّسّة الرسالة | بيروت، لبنان |
FIQH | ABOUT WOMEN | FAMILY AFFAIRS |
ENCYCLOPEDIC WORK | ANALYSING FEMALE AHKAM |
MODERN RENDITION | ANALYSES ALL MADHAHIB |
REFERENCED WORK IN THE FIELD |
STARTS AS A FIQH MANUAL |
RECEIVED EXCELLENT REVIEWS |
HADITH, REFERNCES CITED THOROUGHLY |
QUALITY PRINT | WHITE PAPER |
ONE COLOUR FONT | SOME TASHKEEL |
ABOUT THE BOOK:
al-Mufassal is an Encyclopaedia of rulings pertaining to women and an Islamic household. It starts at the Tahara section as would be seen in normal fiqh manuals. It brings forth all the opinions of all the schools of thought of the past and present, as well as their points of argument. It analysis various stages of developments in the Islamic sciences concerning women and family affair. It is masterfull 11 volumes that deeply tackle these modern issues as well as the classical position like no other has done in the past. An in depth researcher, scholar of principles of Jurisprudence as well as a master in Islamic sciences has put together this work. It is undoubtedly been a reference work for the scholars since its publication.
A must have for comparative studies students and researchers in the field of female affairs as well as family affairs.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
A great scholar, thinker, prolific writer, teacher and activist, originally from ‘Iraq, Sheikh ‘Abdul Karim Zaydan was born in Baghdad in 1917. He spent his youth learning and memorising the Qur’ān in ‘Iraq and completed his primary and secondary education in Baghdad and graduated from the school of law in the same city. He then went on to work as a teacher and principal in a number of schools and institutions. He travelled to Cairo to complete a masters degree in Shari’ah from the faculty of Islamic law at the University of Cairo. After his masters, he completed his PhD (first class) in 1962 from the same university in Shari’ah. The Sheikh learnt and benefitted from a number of Iraqi and Egyptian scholars such as: Sheikh Amjad az-Zahawi, Sheikh ‘Abdul Qadir al Khaṭib, Sheikh Najm ad-Din al Wa’iẓ, Sheikh Muḥammad Maḥmud aṣ-Ṣawwaf, Sheikh ‘Ali al Khafif, Sheikh Muḥammad Abu Zahrah, Sheikh Ḥasan Ma’mun and the great Iraqi scholar of Ḥadith, Sheikh ‘Abdul Karim aṣ-Ṣa’iqah.
By profession, he held the positions of Professor and dean of the faculties of Shari’ah as well as Religion at the University of Baghdad. Due to pressure from the Bathist regime of ‘Iraq, he chose to migrate to Yemen in the early 90s. Since 1992, he worked as a professor of Shari’ah and MA/PhD studies at the University of Ṣan’a’ in Yemen. He also taught Fiqh and Uṣūl at the university of al Iman in Ṣan’a’ as well. The Sheikh was also a member of number Fiqh councils such as the World Fiqh Council. It is important to note here that the Sheikh was not merely an academic but was also very active in Da’wah and showed great concern for the state of affairs of the Muslims. It is evident from his works that he paid great attention to contemporary issues that the Muslims were facing and wrote a number of works providing answers and solutions for the Muslims around the world. He also joined the Brotherhood movement in ‘Iraq and held an important position within the organisation locally.
One of the qualities of Sheikh ‘Abdul Karim that clearly stood out was his prolific ability to write. He authored a number of books that were taught and studied throughout the Muslim world. It is evident for those that read his works that he excelled in comparative fiqh and uṣul. The following is a list of some of the books he wrote:
- Aḥkam adh-Dhimiyyin wal Musta’minin fī Dar al Islam (Rulings pertaining to non-Muslim citizens in the Lands of Islam)
- Al Madkhal li-Dirasah ash-Shari’ah al Islamiyyah (Introduction to the Studies of Islamic Law)
- Usul ad-Da’wah (Principles of calling to Allah). This particular book is a very important contribution to this genre of literature.
- Al Mufaṣṣal fi Aḥkam al Mar’ah wal bayt al Muslim fi ash-Shari’ah al Islamiyyah. (an Encyclopaedia of rulings pertaining to women and an Islamic household) (11 volumes)
- Al Wajiz fi Uṣul al Fiqh (An important text dealing with comparative usul. This text has been widely taught across the world and is considered by many to be a very important contribution to contemporary writings of uṣul).
- Ash-Shari’ah al Islamiyyah wal Qanun ad-Duwali al ‘am. (Islamic law and International Law)
- Al ‘Uqubah fi ash-Shari’ah al Islāmiyyah (Punishment in Islamic Law)
- Buḥuth Fiqhiyyah Mu’asirah (a collection of papers that deal with contemporary rulings such as citizenship in non-Muslim Lands, contemporary financial transactions etc). This particular work seems to be the latest published work of the Sheikh.
- Al Mustafa min Qasas al Qur’an (Selected stories with their benefits from the Qur’ān).
The above is only a small selection of some of the books of the noble scholar. The Sheikh was awarded with the King Faiṣal International Award in 1997 for Islamic Studies for his contribution to Islamic literature and research. On Monday the 27th of January 2014, corresponding to the 25th of Rabi’ al Awwal 1435 he passed away in San'a, may Allah (Subḥanahu wa ta’ala) shower him with His grace and mercy and fill his grave with light and peace and enter him into the highest stations of Paradise. Ameen.