RUH AL-MA'ANI FI TAFSIR AL-QUR'AN A;-'ADHIM WALSAB'IL MATHANI.
(روح المعاني في تفسير القرآن العظيم والسَّبع المثاني)
AUTHOR: Imam Shihabudin Mahamud b. 'Abd Allah al-Alusi, al-Baghdadi (d. 1270) |
| تأليف: الإمام شهاب الدين أبي الثناء محمود بن عبد الله الآلُوسي |
TA'LIQ, TAHQIQ, TAKHRIJ BY: COLLECTIVE BODY OF SCHOLARS |
| تحقيق، تعليق، وتخريج: جماعة العلماء |
HARDCOVER: ~12000 PAGES | 30 volumes |
| نوع التجليد: مجلد | ~١٢٠٠٠ صفحة | ٣٠ مجلداد |
PUBLISHED: Mu'assassat al-Risalah | Beirut, Lebanon |
| الناشر: مؤسّسّة الرسالة | بيروت، لبنان |
TAFSIR | EXTENSIVE EXEGESIS |
ENCYCLOPEDIC WORK | ANALYSING TAFSIR |
PENNED DOWN LESS THAN 2 CENTURIES AGO |
MODERN & QUALITY REFERENCED WORK |
EXTENSIVE EDITORIAL WORK DONE |
RECEIVED EXCELLENT REVIEWS |
HADITH, REFERNCES CITED THOROUGHLY |
QUALITY PRINT | CREAM PAPER |
ONE COLOUR FONT | SOME TASHKEEL |
ABOUT THE BOOK:
This tafsir is perhaps one of the last work to have been widely accepted that has incorporated in its scope most of the previous Tafasir. Widely cited, taught and used by later Hanafi Madaris around the globe as well as Islamic universities it is by far the most cited reference work that utilises the style of exegesis of the previous generations.
ABOUT THIS PRINT:
Beside being heavily edited and overly consulted many manuscripts, this print has been edited as:
- Expertly verified the contradictory manuscripts with the one written by the author himself,
- Explained wordings that were problematic or unexplainable, be they the authors statements, Ahadith, or simply some poetical lines,
- Adjusted errors made by the author that could easily be explained as typo,
- Biographical entries of named individuals that aren't widely known,
- Takhrij of the Ahadith,
- Takhrij of the poetical lines that were not named by the author,
- Full titles of books mentioned by the author,
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
He was Abu al-Thana', Shihabudin Mahmud bin 'Abd Allah bin Mahmud bin Darwish al-Husayni al-Hasani al-Baghdadi al-Alusi. He was born in Baghdad in the year of 1217 Hijri (1802). His fathers mother was a descendant of al-Hassan progeny. His teachers included his father who early on taught him lughah and fiqh books of the Hanafis and Shafi'is. He quickly memorised all he learned. He then was entrusted to various senior scholars of Iraq by his father. He initially learned and practiced according to Shafi'i Madhab and later moved on to Hanafi Madhab.
He was given a teaching position and he gave Fatwa at the age of thirteen. He later produced many scholars and taught many more.
ABOUT HIS WORKS:
- Rūḥ al-ma‘ānī fī tafsīr al-Qur’ān al-‘aẓīm wa-al-sab‘ al-mathānī (روح المعاني في تفسير القرآن العظيم والسبع المثاني),
- Nashwat al-shamūl fī al-safar ilā Islāmbūl (نشوة الشمول في السفر إلى إسلامبول),
- Nashwat al-mudām fī al-‘awd ilá Madīnat al-Salām (نشوة المدام في العود إلي مدينة السلام),
- al-Ajwibah al-‘Irāqīyah ‘alá al-as’ilah al-Lāhūrīyah (الأجوبة العراقية على الأسئلة اللاهورية),
- al-Ajwibah al-‘Irāqīyah ‘an al-as’ilah al-Īrānīyah (الأجوبة العراقية عن الأسئلة الإيرانية),
- Ibna' al-Abna bi Atib al-Anba', a advice epistle for his students or kids,
- Hashiyat Qadr al-Nada',
- Daqa'iq al-Tafseer,
- Sufrat al-Zad li Safarat al-Jihad,
- and many more works.
He passed on a Friday on the 25th of Dhil Qa'dah 1270 (1854). His biography was compiled by his student 'Abd al-Fatah al-Shawaf and he titled it as; Hadiqat al-Wurud fi Tarjumat abi al-Thana' Mahmud.