TABAQAT AL-AWLIYA'I AL-MUKARIMIN RADIYALLAHU 'ANHUM AJMA'IN.
(طبقات الأولياء المكرمين رضي الله عنهم أجمعين)
AUTHOR: Imam al-Hafidh Shamsudeen al-Sakhawi (d.902) |
TAHQIQ BY: Muhamud Adib al-Jadir |
HARDCOVER: 911 PAGES | 2 VOLUMES |
PUBLISHED: Dar al-Fathi | Jordan |
TABAQAT | BIOGRAPHICAL |
AWLIYA BIO'S | OVER 400 ACCOUNTS |
WELL EDITED & REFERENCED |
CONTAINS TASHKEEL | WHITE PAPER |
ABOUT THIS BOOK:
This biographical layers written by the Hadith expert of his time, Imam al-Sakhawi is short and descriptive. it has varies. However whether the author has written has been questioned due to him not ever mentioning in his other works or his autobiography.
However in this very work and its manuscripts have it by his name and its content the author alludes and references many of his other works as well as his senior scholars. This work is compilation of 436 individuals. Some of them the author mentions detailed accounting and others have barely a half a page. Good print with allot of editorial work done and the editor has many more beneficial lessons.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Shams al-Din Muhammad ibn `Abd al-Rahman al-Sakhawi (1428/831 AH - 1497/902 AH) was a reputable Shafi'i, hadith scholar and historian who was born in Cairo. "Al-Sakhawi" refers to the village of Sakha in Egypt, where his relatives belonged. He was a prolific writer that excelled in the knowledge of hadith, tafsir, literature, and history. His proficiency in hadith has its influences trace back heavily on his Shaykh; Al-Hafidh Ibn Hajar al-'Asqalani.
Among his works are:
- al-Daw` al-Lami`
- Al-Tuhfah al-latifah fi Tarikh al-Madinah al-Sharifah (التحفة اللطيفة في تاريخ المدينة الشريفة): About Madinah al-Munawwara.
- Fath al-Mugeeth bi Sharh Alfiyat al-Hadith (Al-'Iraqi)
- Al-Daw' al-lami` li ahli al-Qarni al-Tasi
- Al-Jawahir wa al-Durar fi Tarjamat Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Hajar (al-Asqalani) ("Pearls and Diamonds: the Biography of Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Hajar of `Asqalan")
- Al-Maqasid al-Hasanah,
- Ashratu Sa'ah (Signs of the Day of Judgment) - which has been recently reprinted with 'Tahqiq' by Muhammad al-'Aqeel.
- Al-rihlah al-Halabīyah wa tarājimihā (الرحلة الحلبية وتراجمها)
- Al-rihlah al-Makkīyah (الرحلة المكية)
- Al-rihlah al-Sakandarīyah (الرحلة السكندرية)
- Al-baladaniyat al-'alīyāt (البلدنيات العليات): A book where he records the names of 80 towns he visited and took knowledge from its scholars.
- Bughyat al-rāwī bi-man akhadha 'anhu al-Sakhawi (بغية الراوي بمن أخذ عنه السخاوي) or Al-imtinān bi-shuyūkh Muhammad ibn `Abd al-Rahman (الامتنان بشيوخ محمد بن عبد الرحمن): A dictionary that lists the names of all his teachers.
He died in 902 in Madinah.